10 tips on how to Dress Pounds Thinner With the Right Clothes.
If you’re like most of us, you’ve probably resolved to lose a little weight coming into the summer. But there are things you can do today to make it look like you’ve already achieved your goals. Here are our top tips for dressing 9 pounds thinner.
- Wear clothes that fit you. No matter what size you wear, or how much you weigh, always select proper fitting garments to look your best.
- Forget about the tags. Squeezing your size 12 body into a size 8 dress for the joy of wearing a size 8 is not fooling anyone.
- Create a vertical line. Use a monochromatic colour scheme to create a long, lean look. If you wear a white shirt, a red belt, and a black skirt, you’re visually cutting your figure and drawing attention to areas you might not want to highlight. Vertical lines will always elongate you giving you a slimmer silhouette.
- Ditch the black. “Not everyone looks good in black.” Wear colours that flatter your own unique colouring – darker colour highlight and brighter colours highlight.
- Downplay what you don’t like. Once you know your body type, work with it, not against it. For instance, if you have a bit of a tummy, avoid tucking in tops or cinching in garments with a belt as this will just draw attention to the area, no matter what the fashion. Use accessories around your face to add colour and bring the attention to that area.
- Choose fabrics carefully. Fabrics that skim the body can camouflage problem areas, unlike clingy fabrics that highlight every bulge. And stay away from bulky, heavy fabrics, which can add visual weight. Fabrics with shine or sheen always add volume.
- Dress according to your proportion. For instance, if you are on the petite side, avoid large patterns, or big florals or patterns which will have a tendency to overwhelm you.
- Invest in great shoes. Heels will add length to your silhouette. Ok, some women find high heels uncomfortable; opt instead for a wedge which will give you some height.
- The length of your clothes can have a huge impact on slimming your silhouette. Never end at your widest point i.e. the widest part of your calf. Trouser lengths should always extend to the floor. Sleeve length should end just at the break of your thumb and index finger.
- Great underwear is key. Whether you go for ‘heavy duty’ magic underwear or like to keep it simple, good foundation wear will know pounds off your look. A well-fitting bra is essential – get fitted regularly and professionally.
Discover once and for all what suits you learn how to highlight your best features in one of our consultations – check out www.imagematters.ie/personal