What is it about the upcoming Christmas party season, that has us all deliberating what to wear to the office party and where our fashion focus shifts to buying that perfect party dress and killer heels. Are you looking for some fashion, beauty and style tips to transformyour look in the run up Christmas?
We have put together a list of the Top 10 Tips to help you on your merry way!
1. Dress to impress. This is the one time of the year that you can dress up, so make the most of the party season and wow your colleagues.
2. Interesting and statement accessories in festive gold or silver will add that Va Va Voom factor to any little black number and is a good way to update your old reliable black dress.
3. If you want to stand out from the festive crowd, you need to opt for bold, stand-out colours. All of the jewel colours such as emerald, cobalt blue and red are always extremely striking at this time of year.
4. Add some sparkle. Sequins and beading offer instant bling and can really dress up any outfit. Just make sure you are not dressed head to toe in them or you’ll resemble a Christmas tree!
5. Of course, shopping for that perfect little number is all about dressing for your body-shape. Find something that fits well. The trick is to highlight your best assets and down-play your not so good bits!
6. Avoid anything that is too tight, too clingy or too revealing as it can look a bit trashy!
7. Shiny, sheeny fabrics tend to add volume while matte fabrics are more slimming.
8. Vamp up your make-up. This is the time of year to go full on with the make-up. Smokey eyes, red lips and flawless looking skin always add that lovely edge to any look. If you have long hair, an up-style is a great way to bring your look from day to evening.
9. Shoes, including those killer heels, should last you the whole night. Remember when choosing heels for your office party, they should be stylish and comfortable. You can always use your folding flat heels for the journey home.
10. Drink stylishly. Never, ever drink too much at a work party. Having a few too many is never a good look! There will always be someone more sober than you (including your boss perhaps) and you will have to face them again very soon! Enjoy!